Directly supervises 5-10 employees within the Survey department. Indirectly supervises 20-30 employees within the Survey department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the effective management and coordination of multiple survey crews and survey staff to provide safe, quality work that meets the client’s scope, schedule and budget.
- Develop and maintain organization policy and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies regarding survey standards.
- Create and maintain relationships with the internal client service managers to determine organizational capacity and resource allocation needs, ensure responsive, cost effective and quality delivery of services and partner with them to help assist in the promotion of survey opportunities to their clients.
- Ensure effective training and development of survey crews.
- Effectively budget for organizational needs, which includes accurate estimates, the ability to manage projects on budget and to project future needs.
- Promote awareness of Keystone within Survey Industry and build network to create external business development opportunities (estimate 10% of Survey revenue growth from direct sales), hiring and retention opportunities and the ability to enhance organization’s reputation in the region.
- Meet with clients to understand project needs, expectations and deliverables.
- Prepare scope and budget for proposals.
- Write or direct the writing of all descriptions of land, satisfying legal requirements according to standard survey practices.
- Ensure effective quality control for survey deliverables.
- Meet with project managers weekly to discuss projects and anticipated resource allocation and capacity needs.
- Meet with team leaders to coordinate daily/weekly operations.
- Meet with Field Coordinator to assure the right crew and equipment is assigned to each project based upon the scope and budget.
- Evaluate equipment needs and costs to present to President and Vice President for capital budgets.
- Oversee the ordering and maintenance of survey supplies and equipment.
- Continually review performance of staff providing immediate constructive feedback recognizing what is working as well as ways to do things differently to enhance overall effectiveness and efficiency.
- Oversee and participate in training and developing the skillsets of office and field staff.
- Oversee safety training and coordination.
- Emphasize excellence to team.
- Review annual licensing requirements for each state of operation.
- Ten years of surveying experience is preferred.
- Holds a two-year degree in Surveying from an accredited university is preferred.
- Must be licensed in the following states: Pennsylvania (with the ability to be licensed in Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana and Virginia)
PLS (PA, OH, WV, Virginia)
- Good communication skills and positive attitude
- Work as a team member
- Supervise, advise and train Survey Crews
- Coordinate field crews
- Manage Project Deliverables
- Proficient in coordinate geometry
- Working knowledge of Trimble RTK GPS
- Experience in oil and gas well pad and pipeline developments a plus
- Proficient in Trimble Business Center and CAD
- Ability to work in the field on an as-needed basis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional Land Surveyor registration in one or more listed states PA, WV & OH.
- Minimum of 10 years of survey related experience
Compensation and Benefits:
Keystone offers a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental, vision, and insurance coverage, and a retirement plan.